Sunday, February 9, 2014

My first blog! Challenge and Opportunity.

My first blog post!

Pretty exiting but terrifying at the same time. I have never been the kind of person to share a lot of stuff on social media sites, should it be Twitter, Facebook or any other platform.

Still, I created my first blog and I will be writing about sports marketing and especially the branding aspect of it.
But I want to expand the idea of branding as a business utensil. It is not just businesses, corporations or sports teams that make use of each others fame and popularity. Whole nations rely on the image their athletes and teams create, and make use of it. 


First some Info about me:

My name is Sebastian Barth and I am a marketing student in my junior year at the University of Northern Iowa. I recently turned 21 years old and am also part of the University's Track and Field team. While I compete in the 110m Hurdles myself, I am very interested in sports in general. My favorite sports team is the soccer club Bayern Munich from Germany which is close to my hometown but I also like Basketball, Tennis, and yes to some extend even "Foot"Ball.
As an athlete myself and whenever I follow a sports event on TV, on the web or just see an athlete in a commercial, I catch myself making a cost benefit analysis for the parties cooperating in the branding process. In my blog I will share my thoughts on the pros and cons of some of these cooperations and how they could or should have been improved. 

To give you some insight on whats to come, here are some of the topics I am about to address in my next posts!

- The real winner of this years Superbowl

- Olympics Sochi 2014, Putin vs. the world

- KIA and the Blake Griffin affair

- Novak Djokovic and Boris Becker

and many more to come... stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment